Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Begining...

August 12, 2008
Dear Diary,
Hello my name is Becca and I am a kleptomaniac. And this is a journal. As of today I am under the custody and supervision of my darling aunt in Japan to whom I am being shipped. My aunt, let us call her Shellie, is an English teacher here. She is childless, without a significant other, and dotes upon her Mittel German Spitz named Uki. I suppose this is cruel and unusual punishment, but not my parents or the court system agree with me. This is not all my fault. Really, it’s not.
I suppose I really should start from the beginning. I am, as I stated before, a kleptomaniac. I take things, small things, insignificant things, but things that are generally not mine; however apparently stealing a fountain pen from the governor’s desk while on a field trip is frowned upon in mainstream society. I also suppose that taking a traffic cone while the governor, her secretary, and security while the chase you down the street is also frowned upon. It was after I was threatened with a law suit and my parents’ mental upheaval that the decision was made that I should be sent away to be around new people. I ultimately had two options: the first to go to my grand uncle who had a PhD in Medieval Studies whom lived in Maine; however this was quickly squashed after a tragic accident in Cornwall when he tried to demonstrate the physics of the Arthurian legend of the sword and the stone to a physics professor. He died. The second option was my Aunt Shellie in Japan, and that children, is how I have come to be on this plane to Japan.
Some people might think of this decision as some amazing thing to happen but it really is not. I had a life, believe it or not, back in Alaska. Honestly, I am not really into the whole Anime thing…so really this is all the beginning of the end for me. I do not want to go to Japan and I do not want to go to school where there will be uniforms.
Dear Diary, my life sucks.
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment