Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I hate this...

August 13, 2008
Dear Diary,
I was picked up from Narita airport today by my aunt and her stupid dog. I have not seen this woman since I was three yet she said she could pick me out of the crowd easy. She says that it was because I have my mother’s face, I say it’s because I’m in Japan and I’m a foot taller than everyone here. After she picked me up we went out to eat at an American restaurant. Their American food sucked. The waiters were dressed like cowboys and tried out their English on Aunt Shellie and me. I had a cheeseburger and Aunt Shellie had a slice of pizza. They put corn on her pizza. Who puts corn on pizza? I hated the place; however Aunt Shellie says it’s a popular hangout for when the students come into town. In protest I took their forks.
After this I went to my aunt’s house. The car she had was tiny and I had to sit in the front because Uki liked shotgun. I hate that dog. My legs were squished up to my shoulders, I feel like sardines. So, we get to her house and she takes me to a spare room on the second floor. She said it was a spare room but judging the amount of stuffed crap in the corner I think she just shoved a bed into the room and called it mine. She left me to unpack and I did so. To my dismay I found my uniform in the dresser. The colors are blue and gray. I hate skirts; in Alaska I did not wear skirts because it was flipping ten below outside. Aunt Shellie says she will introduce me to the neighbors tomorrow.
Becca

August 14, 2008
I met the neighbors today. The neighbor to our right is the Sato family, to our left the Yamada family. The Sato family has two children: Koichi and Akane. Koichi will be going to the same high school as me but his sister is still in junior high so I will not see her. The Yamada family has only one child whose name is Kisuku.
So something strange happened to me today. I was sitting in my room reading a book when I had the idea of looking up. I did so and looked out the window only to realize it looked straight into the window of Koichi. I stared into the window and saw Koichi, only there was something odd. The boy was holding a long yard stick like thing in his hand and wore a panda hat. He was jumping around his room and swinging his sword like a samurai warrior. Dear diary, my neighbor thinks he is a ninja and he scares the crap out of me.
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment